Hey guys, first off, I wanted to transfer my domain and I read that it was kind of complicated to follow the transfer procedure, so I thought it'd be easier to just delete my domain from godaddy and buy it again using the other site. So i've deleted it, it's been 24 hours and when i want to buy the domain again it says the domain was still owned by godaddy. I don't want to call godaddy support as I'm in a country where they don't have local support. Please help I just want to know how long to wait and if there's anything I can do to get that domain using the other site.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, cancelling a domain will not release the domain immediately as there is a redemption time frame for each domain name . Also, when a domain is removed from an account by cancellation or expiration, the domain will eventually be added to the expired auctions to be bid on for new registrations.
I highly recommend that you access the Expired Domains section and redeem the domain before you incur redemption fee's (in most cases USD$80.00 per domain)
As per the transfer of the domain, transfers are fairly easy for most domain extensions. From us you would need the authorization code sent to the admin email that is listed on your domain. I will list a link to a help guide for the steps needed to gain your authorization code.
After that, purchase the transfer request at the gaining registrar ( company you are transferring to), and they will most likely give you some additional codes to complete the transfer.
Step 1: Redeem your domain from expired domains section
Step 2: Unlock domain for transfer out
Step 3: Review your contact info to ensure you have access to the admin email
Step 4: Request your authorization code
Hope this helps!
I've done what you said, I redeemed the domain from the expired domains section, but the problem now is I can't transfer my domain to the the other registrar, the transfer option says disabled. My domain isn't expired yet, it will expire in 22 days just for your information. So I wanted to try connecting my domain to another website builder but I can't seem to change the Name server as it doesn't give me any options. Infact, it doesn't give me any options to do anything, everything is disabled such as locking the domain, getting authorisation code and deleting the domain. If it's any help, it says that my domain is in the state of PENDING HOLD RELEASE.
Thank you for the response. The status you are seeing is a temporary status while the system sets the domain to Active again.
Once you see the status (Active) within the domain manger you should be able to proceed with the proper steps. If after the domain goes (Active) and these options are still disabled, please contact our customer support line and our agents will be happy to review the status and advise on what steps to take to move forward.
Hope this helps!