cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cannot Transfer Domain

I am trying to transfer my domain to Google and I keep getting this error, “We do not support the transfer of this domain.” I contacted Google and they say that I need to ask Godaddy. Godaddy customer support say that they don’t know what’s wrong.
I have unlocked my domian.
It’s older than 60 days.
I could only buy it from Godaddy. It wasn’t available any where else.

Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Cannot Transfer Domain

I could only buy it from Godaddy. It wasn’t available any where else.

Sounds like it could be a Premium domain from the registry, these would cost more to register than the regular list price for a given TLD.

I asked the csr at godaddy if that was the case and she said no. 😒 Is there a standard wait time to able able to transfer it or will I never be able to?
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lindz-5223. The message "We do not support the transfer of this domain." usually indicates that it's domain extension that the registrar will not accept a transfer for. Can you share the domain or at least it's extension (.com, .net, .uk, etc)? That may help us understand what's happening. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted

It's hellopixeldesign.com.

Hi @Lindz-5223

That domain, as a .COM, should have no problem transferring to another registrar. You need to prepare it for transfer by unlocking the domain in the account and sending yourself the authorization code for the transfer. After doing these two things, try to initiate the transfer at the new registrar again. The lock may have been preventing their ability to transfer.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
Solution

It was already unlocked. To transfer it to Google, you put in the domain
before the authorization code. That is where I was getting the error. I
couldn't even get to the authorization code step.