cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brought a Domain in Auction But It is Not Reflecting in in My Account Even After 25 Days?

Hello Godaddy Forum

I am taking this move so that, any of the expert would help me in real time than Godaddy Auction Response 72 hours wait time.

won an domain through auction. I placed the order on 23rd March 2018. The transaction was successful. On 29th March I got the option for "Email Seller". I used the option and asked the seller to transfer the domain. He got the User ID and initiated the transfer on the same day. I got an email from Godaddy regards "Please approve your contact info update". I accepted the email and approved the necessary changes and the response says it takes 5 days to complete the process. So, technically it should have reflected in my account after 5th April 2018. But, it is not happened yet. It's been more than 10 days than the actual waiting period. I wrote an email to the auctions@godaddy.com, which i got the response today morning (18th April 2018) stating they contacted the seller regards the domain transfer and they are waiting for the sellers response. The response also adds that, If the domain isn't reflected in my account Godaddy will prompt the seller to refund the amount. I personally contacted the seller via "Email Seller" option, he replied that he initiated the transfer couple of weeks back. I don't exactly know where the error occurred. So, Godaddy or any experts here tell me how many more days I need to wait the domain to reflect in my account? or What is the next step I need to take?

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Brought a Domain in Auction But It is Not Reflecting in in My Account Even After 25 Days?

@SouravMani wrote:

Hello Godaddy Forum

I am taking this move so that, any of the expert would help me in real time than Godaddy Auction Response 72 hours wait time.

won an domain through auction. I placed the order on 23rd March 2018. The transaction was successful. On 29th March I got the option for "Email Seller". I used the option and asked the seller to transfer the domain. He got the User ID and initiated the transfer on the same day. I got an email from Godaddy regards "Please approve your contact info update". I accepted the email and approved the necessary changes and the response says it takes 5 days to complete the process. So, technically it should have reflected in my account after 5th April 2018. But, it is not happened yet. It's been more than 10 days than the actual waiting period. I wrote an email to the auctions@godaddy.com, which i got the response today morning (18th April 2018) stating they contacted the seller regards the domain transfer and they are waiting for the sellers response. The response also adds that, If the domain isn't reflected in my account Godaddy will prompt the seller to refund the amount. I personally contacted the seller via "Email Seller" option, he replied that he initiated the transfer couple of weeks back. I don't exactly know where the error occurred. So, Godaddy or any experts here tell me how many more days I need to wait the domain to reflect in my account? or What is the next step I need to take?

@SouravMani it seems the domain auction was listed by a private seller. One odd thing though, if you accepted the domain name into your account and approved the contact request it should already be in your account. The only thing I can think of is that the old owner didn't approve the contact info request. If the domain name isn't listed in your account I would contact the seller, ask them to initiate the account transfer again and also ask them to be on notice for the contact approval email from Godaddy so that they can approve it.

---