Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Super User I
Super User I

Godaddy Promo codes

Hello all, 

My name is Justin Godfrey and I've been active in the domain name community for almost 9 years now. I am a domain name investor, I buy and sell domain names on a daily basis, this is my full time job. I know a lot of you have seen my answers to your questions in the community and I'm more than happy to answer the questions that I have the solutions to.

One thing that has helped me in the past are Godaddy coupon codes. It amazes me how many people do not know about these. Godaddy has them for a reason, to save you money. Over the years I've saved thousands at Godaddy using them. 

The next question is: Where do I find them? Good question. Godaddy has really throttled back promo codes over the past 1-2 years but they are still out there. One resource I use is an app for Chrome called "Honey." I came across this last year when doing Christmas shopping (they offer promo codes for thousands of stores, not just Godaddy) and typically Godaddy's codes work for 20-30% off. As far as I know the app requires you to have Chrome to automatically check the promo codes but I believe you can still use their site manually.

There are several other resources by Googling around and trying them at Godaddy. I'm telling you this because in this day and age, every dime counts.

If you have any questions regarding this post or anything else, don't hesitate to drop me a message.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Godaddy Promo codes

Hey @justingodfrey,

Appreciate you taking a moment to share this with everyone here on the community! 

This kind of sharing is exactly what we'd like to see. Hopefully, other members are finding this information very helpful. Keep up the good work! Smiley Very Happy

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hello @justingodfrey,

Can you please give more details on where long-time customers can receive valid promotional codes? I've been with GoDaddy for over 10 years. Every promotional code I enter returns the same "Looks like you have used this promotion in the past" message, and refuses to allow me to apply it.  It's basic logic that I would have used promotions in the past if I've been with the company a number of years! I feel that this is a very shoddy way to treat long time customers, basically punishing them for not allowing them any sort of discount.

When I first encountered this error message, I was attempting to use a promotional code emailed to me from GoDaddy.  I contacted phone support regarding the issue. The representative replied with "Yeah, well, that sucks.", and gave me no other options.  Since Godaddy instituted this policy of refusing promotions to loyal customers, I have begun purchasing domains elsewhere, and I am looking to transfer all my domain names away from GoDaddy altogether. The general attitude and lack of interest in their customer base has not motivated me to make further purchases.

If GoDaddy does not wish to offer standard promotional codes to long-time customers, they could at least do the respectable thing by not sending these offers to our email. It would show they were paying attention to their metrics and acknowledge which paying customers can and cannot take advantage of offerings. Additionally, they could offer promotions that would work for long time, loyal customers. A little personal touch now would help preserve the relationship with those of us who were initially endeared to the company starting back when the welcome page was a simple bright green screen with the funny-looking head mascot and a domain name search bar.

Best Regards.

Super User I
Super User I

@WaitWhatWhy wrote:

Hello @justingodfrey,

Can you please give more details on where long-time customers can receive valid promotional codes? I've been with GoDaddy for over 10 years. Every promotional code I enter returns the same "Looks like you have used this promotion in the past" message, and refuses to allow me to apply it.  It's basic logic that I would have used promotions in the past if I've been with the company a number of years! I feel that this is a very shoddy way to treat long time customers, basically punishing them for not allowing them any sort of discount.

When I first encountered this error message, I was attempting to use a promotional code emailed to me from GoDaddy.  I contacted phone support regarding the issue. The representative replied with "Yeah, well, that sucks.", and gave me no other options.  Since Godaddy instituted this policy of refusing promotions to loyal customers, I have begun purchasing domains elsewhere, and I am looking to transfer all my domain names away from GoDaddy altogether. The general attitude and lack of interest in their customer base has not motivated me to make further purchases.

If GoDaddy does not wish to offer standard promotional codes to long-time customers, they could at least do the respectable thing by not sending these offers to our email. It would show they were paying attention to their metrics and acknowledge which paying customers can and cannot take advantage of offerings. Additionally, they could offer promotions that would work for long time, loyal customers. A little personal touch now would help preserve the relationship with those of us who were initially endeared to the company starting back when the welcome page was a simple bright green screen with the funny-looking head mascot and a domain name search bar.

Best Regards.

@WaitWhatWhy Agreed, Godaddy has discontinued most of their promo codes over the past year. I used to be able to register domains for $1-$4 on occasion but it seems these are now reserved for new customers/accounts. Most of their % off codes will work with new products though, I've saved hundreds on hosting, domain privacy and even backorder credits using the Honey app.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

As an investor and in lieu of coupon codes, I've relied on GD's Discount Domain Club where if you are registering domains in any kind of volume it pays for itself. While it's not $1, or $2 coupon codes (which I've used in magnitude over the years), it does knock the price down considerably to about ~$8.29/yr.

Super User I
Super User I

@KickAssDomains wrote:

As an investor and in lieu of coupon codes, I've relied on GD's Discount Domain Club where if you are registering domains in any kind of volume it pays for itself. While it's not $1, or $2 coupon codes (which I've used in magnitude over the years), it does knock the price down considerably to about ~$8.29/yr.

@KickAssDomains Agreed, I have also had the discount club for years, you can typically also use the 20-30% off codes when you buy the DDC as well. If you own 30-40 domains, the DDC pays for itself. If you own enough names and spend enough at Godaddy your rep can even comp you a few years of DDC for free.

---

New

I'm in the same position as the above user, been a loyal GoDaddy customer for 15 years maintaining on average about 100 domains at any given moment.  They've stopped caring about the people that care.

Just now I am needing to watch my spending coming out of the holiday season, so I was looking for any promo codes that may save me a couple bucks.  As mentioned above, there's nothing that applies to me any longer, even to say  a couple dollars off my $140 renewal for some of my names right now.  Everything just says "Sorry, you've used a promotion like this before!"  Absolutely terrible customer satisfaction nowadays, and even worse it's just a glaring example of terrible marketing and retention policy.

It's simple logic!  Even the most blinded by greed executives can see that if you have a user willing to spend 30 minutes to an hour scouring the net to save a couple bucks, where all attempts lead to GoDaddy thumbing their nose & exclaiming that long time users aren't allowed discounts, then the user sees FREE, $1, and other very very inexpensive transfer domain offers to other registrars, they are ABSOLUTELY going to begin the process of moving their domains over to the new service.  And scorned users very very rarely ever return to a service that they feel screwed them in the paste, and they let it be known far and wide.

Advocate I

Hi SX

I agree 100% with you.
I have also been a GoDaddy client for many, many years and have around 110 domains registered with them
One gets amazing discounts on new deals (sometimes) but no discounts on renewals.
In the beginning we also used to get some discounts on renewals but no more... none, nada... None of the online discount codes work for renewals.
This has made me review my options, sadly... I am afraid that GoDaddy is slowly but surely losing me as a client.
I am sure that it really will not matter to them but in the end I believe that a long line of customers will follow me and many others.
It truly is sad that a company can become so big that they forget how they started and what made them so special.

Why would I need to pay to become a member of the "discount club" to end up paying what I would be able to pay somewhere else without having to fork out money upfront?
I have started my migration to another company which has no hidden fees and escalations on their domain name renewals.
I shall refrain from naming them on this forum out of respect for GoDaddy and seeing that I am still a client.
PM me and I will gladly point you in the right direction.

Regards
Joe

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JoeSA,

Thanks for taking the time to post!! Sounds like you're a valuable customer to us and we certainly don't want to lose you. Have you talked with any of our team about your account recently? Please let me know. Take care!

Rachel

Advocate I

Hi Rachel

Thank you for the reply.

GoDaddy used to have a live chat function which I no longer see.

I did have a chat with one of the guys a few months ago but I was offered the paid option called "discount club".

I do not believe this is a great option for loyal members.

Loyal members should be rewarded for loyalty and not have to buy it, IMHO.

Regards

Joe

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @JoeSA,

Sorry but I'm just seeing that you replied. Someone on the team will be in touch with you. I hope that we can regain your trust and keep you as a customer. Take care and keep in touch!

Rachel

Advocate I

Hi Rachel

Thank you very much for the interaction.

Today I received a communication from GoDaddy in which I was confirmed as a discount domain club member... For Free

This is exactly what I was talking about. 

Thank you so much, this is truly appreciated.

I believe that GoDaddy will win a LOT of support if they do something like this for all their customers who have 100+ domains with them.

I really wish they have done this earlier before I moved 6 of my domains away but, hey... rather late than never. Smiley Happy)

Thanx again.

Joe

xxx

Hey all,

As a Godaddy customer I collect all Godaddy coupons on my website, hope you all find it useful Smiley Happy

Thanks!

how nice of you Justin!!  Thank you - I have been search on pricing or promo codes or really any information as to what I'm supposed to do when my domain expires at the beginning of September.  I'll check out that app, if all else fails, I'll turn to my good friend GOOGLE  ha ha ha  Have a great night!

how nice of you Justin!!  Thank you - I have been searching on pricing or promo codes or really any information as to what I'm supposed to do when my domain expires at the beginning of September.  I'll check out that app, if all else fails, I'll turn to my good friend GOOGLE  ha ha ha  Have a great night!

Hi JoeSA

Thank you for your message. I also have over 100 domains. It would be greatly appreciated if you can advise where you are fazing to.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mitch

Super User I
Super User I
Solution

@justingodfrey wrote:

Hello all, 

My name is Justin Godfrey and I've been active in the domain name community for almost 9 years now. I am a domain name investor, I buy and sell domain names on a daily basis, this is my full time job. I know a lot of you have seen my answers to your questions in the community and I'm more than happy to answer the questions that I have the solutions to.

One thing that has helped me in the past are Godaddy coupon codes. It amazes me how many people do not know about these. Godaddy has them for a reason, to save you money. Over the years I've saved thousands at Godaddy using them. 

The next question is: Where do I find them? Good question. Godaddy has really throttled back promo codes over the past 1-2 years but they are still out there. One resource I use is an app for Chrome called "Honey." I came across this last year when doing Christmas shopping (they offer promo codes for thousands of stores, not just Godaddy) and typically Godaddy's codes work for 20-30% off. As far as I know the app requires you to have Chrome to automatically check the promo codes but I believe you can still use their site manually.

There are several other resources by Googling around and trying them at Godaddy. I'm telling you this because in this day and age, every dime counts.

If you have any questions regarding this post or anything else, don't hesitate to drop me a message.

---

@Mitchmac @Brighteyes7 @WizofOZ @JoeSA 

Sorry, I didn't see most of the replies. One thing to note, no Godaddy promo codes work for renewals of any product. Typically it's only new products. If you own over 15-20 domains I highly recommend you sign up for the domain discount club (https://www.godaddy.com/domains/discount-domains.aspx) use the "Honey" link in my initial post to save $20-$30 per year. Without discounts it costs $107 per year when paying for 12 months in advanced. This gives you $8.47 .com domain renewals for a year instead of $14.99 per domain. That's a savings of $6.52 per domain per year, if you own 16 domains the discount club essentially pays for itself.

---

My thoughts exactly JoeSA! They should treat their customers better if they continue to use their company year after year. I do my customers! You should not have to have lots of domain names or join the discount club either to save money. I have thought about moving my domains also due to the cost increase!

Regards

Jamie

Hi,

I make websites professionally. I tell my customers to sign up with Godaddy , and then I work out of their account. I've been doing this for more than 10 years and brought in dozens of customers.

One of my clients called me and asked me to secure 2 domain names. So I clicked on a Google Adwords ad that promised me the first domain name for $0.99. It gave me a promo code and it brought me to a page that stated: "your first domain name, only $0.99!". I selected the 2 domain names I wanted and checked them out. Guess what? I didn't get my $0.99 domain name.

I called Godaddy support, and they said that it was probably because I worked out of so many other peoples accounts. I was not eligible for the promo price?? So now my clients get punished because I bring Godaddy too much business?? I was told it was in the fine-print somewhere. Well, I didn't see any "fine-print" when I clicked on the add that said: $0.99 domain name!

As I said I've been with Godaddy for more than a decade, and I have noticed other recent changes at Godaddy that irritate me. You know, I use to tell my new clients, "choose Godaddy, they have excellent customer service and even if you have committed to a hosting plan, they will always work something out if you want to change it". What I have noticed is that, although the phone support is still good, the "working something out attitude", has gone by the wayside. Now we have: "it's in the fine-print somewhere".

Disappointed customer

Super User I
Super User I

@hansholland wrote:

Hi,

I make websites professionally. I tell my customers to sign up with Godaddy , and then I work out of their account. I've been doing this for more than 10 years and brought in dozens of customers.

One of my clients called me and asked me to secure 2 domain names. So I clicked on a Google Adwords ad that promised me the first domain name for $0.99. It gave me a promo code and it brought me to a page that stated: "your first domain name, only $0.99!". I selected the 2 domain names I wanted and checked them out. Guess what? I didn't get my $0.99 domain name.

I called Godaddy support, and they said that it was probably because I worked out of so many other peoples accounts. I was not eligible for the promo price?? So now my clients get punished because I bring Godaddy too much business?? I was told it was in the fine-print somewhere. Well, I didn't see any "fine-print" when I clicked on the add that said: $0.99 domain name!

As I said I've been with Godaddy for more than a decade, and I have noticed other recent changes at Godaddy that irritate me. You know, I use to tell my new clients, "choose Godaddy, they have excellent customer service and even if you have committed to a hosting plan, they will always work something out if you want to change it". What I have noticed is that, although the phone support is still good, the "working something out attitude", has gone by the wayside. Now we have: "it's in the fine-print somewhere".

Disappointed customer

@hansholland Promo codes only work once and are for people that have never used them. You'd be better off to setup an account in your customer's name, register the domain and then have them grant you access to their account through the Pro interface.

---

Helper I

Was very surprised today - I went to do a batch renewal of my 50+ domains and hosting accounts and told that GoDaddy no longer offers batch discounts.

Is this accurate? No way I'm paying $15 p/domain p/year. I'd prefer not to transfer all my business away, but seems like GoDaddy keeps finding ways to make their service worse, and not giving me much choice.

I receive promo codes from GoDaddy often to find they do not work.
20% off domain renewals at  £11.99 inc tax = £11.99  in my godaddy checkout, implying the code doesnt work.
I have had to live chat about this to get my codes applied, on many occasion.
I have also noticed that sometimes GoDaddy reps like to be "helpfull" in renewing items for you whilst you are chatting, but some of them for some reason total me a price that is higher than what it is in my checkout so i wont allow godaddy to renew for me.
But, it may be worth discussing with them a discount on bulk renewals or orders, incase it is an error just like the Emailed discount codes.
It does indeed feel as if GoDaddy are playing us abit.

Helper I

Yes I was talking to support / sales, and they told me they NO LONGER do bulk renewal discounts.

Hi!

Thank you for your posts.  Informative and often easier to process than some of GD's pages.

1) Curious why you recommend coupons.  Surely the 130ish annual DDC fee  DDC pays for itself many x for an account w/ many domains? I'm thinking it's going to save me thousands pr yr., but eyebrows went up at your post :-)

2) Granting that .work is a really abused domain, w/ regard to spam, etc:

Since google does not penalize the entire gTLD because of many abusers of that domain, do you think it starry-eyed that I'm grabbing hundreds of one-word .works?   My thought is that building 'clean' sitesi will help repair its reputation. 

Now that it's a full gTLD, and accessible from everywhere, does your decade-plus experience see some future value growth?   I've only offered one so far, someone's name, and he  grabbed it for literally 100x what I paid for it.  Hoping someone such as yourself might temper my outlook if I'm being starry-eyed.

Again, many thanks for a long list of articulate and helpful posts.  Ha, your Air Force background shows; crisp, clear, to the point.  You rock!

Ach. Of COURSE, the one post I didn't read all the way down, and of course you answered the part about DDC. Apologies, sir. :-)

That's very kind of you, Justin. Thank you twice :-)

Super User I
Super User I

@mostlyblond wrote:

Ach. Of COURSE, the one post I didn't read all the way down, and of course you answered the part about DDC. Apologies, sir. :-)

@mostlyblond Promo codes are nice when trying new products since they do not work on renewals. There are promo codes for DDC, hosting, etc which are helpful in bringing down the price on the initial purchase.

---

Super User I
Super User I

@mostlyblond wrote:

Hi!

Thank you for your posts.  Informative and often easier to process than some of GD's pages.

1) Curious why you recommend coupons.  Surely the 130ish annual DDC fee  DDC pays for itself many x for an account w/ many domains? I'm thinking it's going to save me thousands pr yr., but eyebrows went up at your post :-)

2) Granting that .work is a really abused domain, w/ regard to spam, etc:

Since google does not penalize the entire gTLD because of many abusers of that domain, do you think it starry-eyed that I'm grabbing hundreds of one-word .works?   My thought is that building 'clean' sitesi will help repair its reputation. 

Now that it's a full gTLD, and accessible from everywhere, does your decade-plus experience see some future value growth?   I've only offered one so far, someone's name, and he  grabbed it for literally 100x what I paid for it.  Hoping someone such as yourself might temper my outlook if I'm being starry-eyed.

Again, many thanks for a long list of articulate and helpful posts.  Ha, your Air Force background shows; crisp, clear, to the point.  You rock!

@mostlyblond Personally I wouldn't register hundreds of any new extension. I've been full time in this industry for well over 10 years and have never seen a new extension "take off", maybe .info for a time but that was also 10 years ago. .com is king and always will be, there are still thousands of domains listed in the expired marketplace at Godaddy that can be resold for a profit. As for DDC, its much different than coupons, as I said, coupons can only be used once and not for renewals. DDC helps when you have a lot of domains to renew, I own over 2,000 so of course the DDC pays for itself many times over again since I pay $8.47 to renew a .com rather than the $15+.

----

Super User I
Super User I

Current Godaddy promos taken from the Promos page: https://www.godaddy.com/promos/coupon-promo-codes?ci=

GDD99com .99 .com domain (1 per customer. Can only be used once.)

GDD1hos One year of economy hosting for $1 per month (select 12 months at checkout)

GDD1mwp  One year of economy Managed Wordpress hosting for $12, billed annually. (select 12 months at checkout)

GDD30off Up to 30% off new products. (New, non-sale items only. Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.)

---