cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper IV
Helper IV

Domain Sellers - Where Are You Finding Your Domain Buyers?

AI am just checking in with those who sell domains to see where they are finding buyers for their domains.

Here is what has worked for me (or not):

• I have had some nice 3 and 4 figure sales by listing my domains as premium domains at GoDaddy.
  • I recently sold 2 low end domains on eBay (still made a small profit, but really just wanted to get rid of them.)
  • I used to have success on Flippa, but not so much lately (sold one a few months ago for 4 figures and have one pending for $49 (but I only paid $8.47 for it, so it's still a "win").
  • I have never had anything but lowball offers at Sedo, although I know others have had success.
  • I do have most of my decent domains listed at Afternic, but have not had any sales through that channel.
  • I don't have a portfolio large enough to work with the Premiere Services Team at GoDaddy :-(

Anyone working with any decent domain brokers that you would recommend?

I am looking to get out of domaining to focus on other areas of business (and simplify life), so I am liquidating my domains.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Employee
Employee

Re: Domain Sellers - Where Are You Finding Your Domain Buyers?

@DocTony

For Afternic I would recommend reading over the sales acceleration page:
https://www.afternic.com/sales-acceleration

Also ensure that you have pricing on all of your domains.  We have seen some pretty extensive data points showing that these simple steps do increase your sale rate.  Additionally please feel free to email the Support team at Afternic for more information.  Service@Afternic.com

Auctions@Godaddy.com
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thanks Jason. I have done that for some and I will do it for all of the domains I am seeking to sell in hopes that it increases my success rate!

HI Jason,

I'm new to selling domains. It's not a business for me, I've simply collected them over the years every time I had a business idea :-) But now it seems that some of them may be worth a few thousand dollars. Are you recommending to list them with Afternic? As opposed to putting them on Godaddy auctions? Thanks for helping a newbie.

Helper IV
Helper IV

Incidentally, after posting this, I sold 4 domains via Flippa. The one that was pending at $49 ended up climbing to $175, then another sold for $499, then 2 more tonight at $125 each. #Winning

I have also removed all of my domains from Sedo as it just seems a waste of time to keep updating pricing there.

I will be updating my others per Jason's recommendation (I have many listed at Afternic, but not using the tactic he is recommending)

Cheers!

Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

@Lisabear

Great question.  Afternic is one of our Sister companies and all approved domains listed with Afternic will also list at Godaddy.

Auctions@Godaddy.com