cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Broker (Selling) Question - not a pump of my own domains

I have been just sitting on (decades for a few at first) an entire group of related domain names ("stable", "suite") and now considering just selling and moving on.... as the "industry" for these domains that I banked on continues to only slowly be evolving. This is NOT a post just to pump interest OR take flack over long tail name domains etc... I ONLY want some advice on availability within GoDaddy of a dedicated, concierge, broker to take on the ENTIRE GROUP and find a deal for them all. Does GoDaddy offer such a service and has anyone ever used them to support a "package" ?  The list can be seen here:

https://malebirthcontrolpills.com/the-list-of-domain-names

(A GoDaddy based site by the way). 

Advice on BROKER question? (No, "I" don't want to put them on an auction, individually or otherwise)

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Broker (Selling) Question - not a pump of my own domains

Ummmmm, is that really a evolving market @MBCkeywords?

Here is what I'm thinking. Say you are holding ten (10) domains for ten (10) years at $10.00/year. Those domains would only cost you $1000.00 which means you'd only have to sale one domain for above that for your portfolio to be profitable. In a year my portfolio might cost me 10k of more but just one or two domain sales might make me three or four times that? I find that playing the long game can be profitable but having an offensive philosophy usually works best. 

If you're being out of the game look for someone who needs those domains. I don't find that selling multiple domains of the same/similar subject difficult? Usually they'll also want the alternative domain name as well? I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

So, any input on the question of Godaddy (where I have always done business) having brokers that can and WILL help me market and sell the lot ? I don't want to do it myself.

Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Afternic will handle portfolios but I'm not too sure about the marketing part? In my experience they just handle queries on your behalf and negotiate? You can read Afternic Premium Promotion Program FAQ for more information. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head