cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

i paid for a 1year domain name on godday yesterday

i paid for a 1year domain name yesterday, then my customer said, he don't need the domain name , immediately i cancel and deleted the order and the domain name from Godaddy dashboard , still yet the money was deducted from my account, i have been try to look for a way to reach out to customer care but to no avail , how do i get My money refunded back , this is my first time of using Godaddy, i was told it was a good hosting site, but how can a good hosting site don't have email or live support service, i am from nigeria, please anybody how can help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Live chat and support by phone are both available from GoDaddy @Okpakomarvis1 but only phone support is currently 24/7

The last I heard live chat teams are not 24/7 yet. They are available Monday-Friday 5AM - 6PM (UTC-7) and can be accessed from the chat buttons located on the top or bottom of GoDaddy pages during those times. You'll have to do the time conversion yourself. 

24/7 support available at x.co/247support

With regard to canceling a domain, canceling a product does not automatically triggers a refund? Typically one would contact support as the refund would be handled only by support personnel. Refund policy and requesting a refund I have not utilized the live chat but I'm sure they can do the needed as well to trigger a refund if it is deemed appropriate?

On a business note, don't let your customer hang you or to dry. Wait until you have money in hand before making purchases on behalf of your client. If buying for a customer is something you do often consider the GoDaddy Pro program. My life and business have been made easier with the benefits that GoDaddy Pro provides. It sounds like Pro would profit your business? I hope that helps.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Live chat and support by phone are both available from GoDaddy @Okpakomarvis1 but only phone support is currently 24/7

The last I heard live chat teams are not 24/7 yet. They are available Monday-Friday 5AM - 6PM (UTC-7) and can be accessed from the chat buttons located on the top or bottom of GoDaddy pages during those times. You'll have to do the time conversion yourself. 

24/7 support available at x.co/247support

With regard to canceling a domain, canceling a product does not automatically triggers a refund? Typically one would contact support as the refund would be handled only by support personnel. Refund policy and requesting a refund I have not utilized the live chat but I'm sure they can do the needed as well to trigger a refund if it is deemed appropriate?

On a business note, don't let your customer hang you or to dry. Wait until you have money in hand before making purchases on behalf of your client. If buying for a customer is something you do often consider the GoDaddy Pro program. My life and business have been made easier with the benefits that GoDaddy Pro provides. It sounds like Pro would profit your business? I hope that helps.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post