cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really disappointing auto-renew practices

I find it so frustrating that GoDaddy does not serve any reminders for auto-renewals - it is absolutely part of the business model to catch users who wouldn't normally plan to renew, but charge them for another year.

Every other domain provider I've used provides notification emails, but GoDaddy does not. GoDaddy clearly lures you in with a low first-year price, then charges a much higher second-year price that you probably won't need but they can say you "auto-renewed." This second-year charge could literally be any arbitrary amount, $100, $500 - there would be nothing you can do at this point since it has been "auto-renewed."

This is a very shady, intentional business tactic and makes me lose trust in GoDaddy's other services.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @alexp100

We send several email notifications regarding your domain renewal to your email address on file. If you aren't receiving those notifications please make sure to check your spam/bulk folder. If it's not there, I suggest reaching out to our support team to verify the email address we have on file for you. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

This is simply not true.

I searched all of my emails and received nothing related to this. This is a typical way for companies - GoDaddy in particular - to defer responsibility and pretend like it's the customer's fault somehow.

Blaming the customer works until they switch to Google Domains because you simply can't trust the GoDaddy brand.